Saturday, December 18, 2004

A Pocket Full of Shredded Cheese


"Mickey-Matic"

This was my first camera ever. Its a Kodak 110 Instamatic re-branded as a "Mickey-Matic". I found it recently and I keep it in the closet with some other 110 cameras. I used to have a little spy 110 camera that was no bigger than a 110 cartridge but I don't know what happened to it. I recently got a new spy 110 camera that is basically a shutter and winding mechanism that fits on the cartridge. It is loaded and on my night table right now, but I'm not sure it the film is still good. I have also successfully made and used a pinhole 110 camera, basically a little box with a pinhole and a cover stuck to a cartridge with electrical tape. Here is another article on 110 pinhole cameras. The weird thing is that the big photo lab near me won't develop 110, but the drugstores do. CVS sells generic brand 110, but since 110 is relatively low quality anyway, go for the Kodak.

All this talk about 110 is making me want a Sony Qualia 016, but I don't have $3,200 to spend on a 2 megapixel camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home