Sunday, April 03, 2005

2005 New York International Auto Show

I feel like I'm not as in to the auto show as I used to be. I took these photos with our lab's new 8 megapixel Sony camera. Unfortunately it only had a 128 MB memory stick so I could only take 40 or so pictures.


"Lincoln Hood"


"Production Solstice"

Alas the production version of the Pontiac Solstice is not as pure as the concept (and there is no coupe... ...yet) but I still wouldn't mind having one. Of course, to someone like me the differences between the concept and production versions are quite radical (like the scalloped lights or conventional exhaust placement), but ordinary folks probably wouldn't notice. The concept was alot smoother and rounder, if that's a word. I really loved the concept coupe.


"Saturn Sky"

The Sky is the Saturn cousin of the Kappa platform Solstice, and bears some resemblance to the Vauxhall concept on the Kappa architecture.


"Sand Sculptures"


"Magnolia Cupcakes"


"Magnolia Checkout"

After the auto show we took the subway downtown to Magnolia Bakery for the best cupcakes known to man. If your in downtown Manhattan I suggest finding Magnolia (even in the pouring rain and high winds like we did). It is the cupcake experience of a lifetime. The address is:

Magnolia Bakery
401 Bleecker Street
New York City
10014

And if you need to call a big order in (or ask for directions): 212-462-2572

I'm thinking of using flickr to host my photos so that all you out there in internet land could see a larger version of my photos without me having to post a larger version and link the smaller one to it. It would also help out on keeping my server space clean, although I do have 2 gigs and the files I post to this blog don't take up much room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home