Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Where to send your cereal box tops and letters of complaint

Hi there. My name is Lawrence Yu and I am student of Professor Paul Lipsky, as well as a team member of his Solar Decathlon Communication's group.

I believe that most of you already know the situation the Professor is facing in terms of his tenure status. I am in the process of setting up a meeting with Dr. Edward Guiliano, President of NYIT to discuss the matter. Perhaps you may have already sent in letters / emails to his office, but if you haven't and if you can dedicate a few free moments later tonight, I would appreciate it if you could write a thoughtful letter. If you'd like, you can forward copies of your letter to me and I'd be more than happy to deliver them personally to the President.

Honestly, I believe that these notes should not be in any way angry or vindictive despite what we may know. Instead, I would suggest that you focus your ideas to demonstrate Professor Lipsky's importance to our department, school, and (personal / professional / academic and community) achievements. Of course, do this in your own words and please be as diplomatic as possible.

...in the case that you'd like to deliver the letter yourself, you can use this contact information:

Dr. Edward Guiliano
Tower House - Office of the President
NYIT
Northern Blvd.
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000
edwardg@nyit.edu



Thank you in advance.

Lawrence

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home